Ultimate Subaru Message Board

suby nooby

Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to introduce myself to eveyone. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions in the days to come.

My name's Derrick, my wife and I just picked up a 1993 Loyale wagon with the 4WD pushbutton and 5-speed. It's pretty much rust free and runs pretty well. I think the clutch is going to need to be replaced in the near future, and the speedometer isn't working. I already did a bit of searching for speedo problems on this forum and so I have some things to look at now. I'm not sure if I'll take it to a shop to do the clutch or not. Depends on how hard it is, and what's going on with my other cars at the time.

I love the thing so far. It's got around 132k miles on it (the speedo broke right when I bought it) It's burgandy color, with the ugly "spokey" looking hubcaps. We live in Western NC and I was thinking it would be a good camping car. We'll see.

Anyway - keep the shiny side up :)

welcome, & definatly check out those sites, this guy who posted above me is awesome

Hey thanks for the welcome. Yeah I've seen Mr Fox's name a few times on here already as I've been searching :) Those websites seem great too, I've got them bookmarked under my new subaru links that I've added so far.

Also, an update for anyone searching on speedo problems in the future. I was able to fix the speedo last night by plugging the cable back into the instrument cluster. It was just hanging out there. It's really hard to see the receptor for the speedo cable when you're on your back in the foot well. I had to press my head all the way into the accelerator and wedge my ear under the brake pedal to see it. Once you can see it, the cable is stiff enough that you can just guide it up there - because your NOT going to get your hand in to it. So now I'm accumulating miles again, and I've discovered that I was going about 10 mph slower than I thought I was LOL!

Thanks all!