Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tex's RX thread for November

It's still running a wee bit rich, as I saw a couple puffs of black smoke out of his exhaust.

However, I saw the smoke from his exhaust as he was pulling away from my legacy 2.5GT... pulling away hard :(

Oh well, at least my car is prettier and smells better.

• 2 weeks later...

GO RX GO RX GO RX GO RX GO RX GO

Danbob and I (man i'm glad I have him as a roomate) swapped my Go Fast Bits BOV from his wagon to the RX. We also hooked up his TurboXS MBC instead of my homemade one.

AWESOME

Conservately set at 8psi, it pulls beautifully right now. Not quite as hard as 10psi, but very smooth and solid. AFR's are still at WOT in boost 9.8:1 - 11:1.

Fuel mileage... not the best... calculated at about 10miles/gallon.

I just got a welder (2 weeks ago) so I've been practicing. My first project was completed last night. Its a 2.5" x 5" exhuast pipe with a 1-1/4" pipe nipple on it. This will be placed between my MAF, and my rubber elbow going into the TDO4, allowing me to recirculate my BOV. Luckily the GFB BOV I h ave is a 50/50 so at low throttle modulations its recircs, but on heavy WOT type throttling it vents to atmosphere. Cool sounds, and recirc... best of both worlds. Although, I may just end up recircing the stock BOV. Now I just need to find some hose to connect my recirc dump pipe and my BOV.

Gee Tex, i'm sure glad to have you as a roomate too :)

I wonder if we could bend, then heat, and mold rubber hose to run to the intake from the bov... make it look all professional... i'm sure all it would take is a home depot run to find the hose, but i've seen other cars that recirc their bov like that and i don't like the look of a huge hose running all the way accross the motor, i would like to see one molded nicely, or at least hidden better... i'll be around later tonight likely...

One problem jay... all those cars are missing the turbo's that they were born to run with :)
I tried to only find FWD automatics for him. :) We wouldn't want him to have too much fun driving, would we?

In fact, I recommend an old 80's Diesel Mercedes. Not much chance of getting a speeding ticket in one of those!