Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone with cargo net, please help.

Hey everyone. I just bought my second subaru ever, a 97 outback. Long story short, I went grocery shopping today and there was WAY too much room in the trunk. I am looking into getting a cargo net on ebay, but I can't tell where the thing will attach in my cargo area.

Is there anyone who has a cargo net who could take a photo and show where it connects?

Thanks.

An alternative which works well for me is to break up the cargo area a little. I placed a trunk (large, rectangular, top-filled piece of luggage) in the cargo area of my wagon. Not only does it give me a place to keep things out of sight, I can use it to partition the cargo area. Grocery bags can be placed between it and the sidewalls, seats, etc. It can be placed sideways; things fit on top of it. It's great.

You refer to an Outback with a trunk; is it a wagon or a sedan? I don't know about the '97 wagons, but my 2004 Outback wagon did not come with the mounting posts for a cargo net. The net that I bought (from eBay, as I recall) had the posts with it and I had to drill holes to install them.

Hey everyone. I just bought my second subaru ever, a 97 outback. Long story short, I went grocery shopping today and there was WAY too much room in the trunk. I am looking into getting a cargo net on ebay, but I can't tell where the thing will attach in my cargo area.

Is there anyone who has a cargo net who could take a photo and show where it connects?

Thanks.

The net should come with instructions. It's a great thing.