Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Help Desperatley.

i need some help in a bad way becuase my car has not been running for a few months and im starting to lose hope, i do not have any power to my injector it doesnt do anything, i went over a hill and my car just died and now it doesnt run. it turns over fine and strong and my fuel lines are fine but the injector doesnt spray. i dont think its the injector itself because there was no power to the fusebox. what do you think, the wires are way to hard to follow but has this happened to anyone before? i need to get my car running, its starting to grow its own lawn.

So let me get this straight, the fuel pump itself is working and you are getting fuel flow TO the injector?

Does the check engine light come on? (And if so, have you checked for codes?)

How about spark?

My first inclination if you aren't getting power to the fusebox is that a fusible link is bad.

They make a test light for checking to see if power is getting to the injector. There are many different types and I'm not sure which on to get, but it looks like the one for Bosh injectors will work. Most parts stores have them for around $10 or $12. Good place to start. Just disconnect the injector and plug the light into the haness connector and crank the engine over. You might be able to hear or feal if the injector is clicking during cranking.

You said that the car had spark, so that tells me that the timing belt is still there and the disty is turning. For the ECU to have out put it first must have inputs. The disty is the crank angle sensor which tells the ECU that the engine is turning, which cyl is firing and what RPM. So we know the ECU is getting in put from the crank angle sensor because it is out putting to the coil. What we don't know is if the ECU is out putting to the injector. So check that and we can go from there.