Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Its winter time (well, its COLD) so that means...

WJM

...BOOST CREEP....and NOT for the win either.

VF7= WAY too small...

cold air=more dense.

dense air+turbo=more air in AND out.

more air out+TEENY TINY turbo=more air in

That means boost creep.....uncontrollable boost creep. Like, anything above 4500~4700 RPM@WOT and its creeping. Even in 2nd gear low range. :eek:

So....anything I do to stop it (bigger turbo, port and polish) is illegal for SCCA Solo2 Street Prepared rules. :banghead: Oh well, at ambiant temps above 40 deg F...it doesnt do it. So, no worries with autox during the season.

However...I do have a TD04L-13G and a Stromung downpipe sitting around.

Its time to install that.....during the offseason and while the stocker is sent do boostplanet.com for a rebuild.... :banana:

Would they really notice if you ported the wastegate a teeny bit. It's not like it's a performance enhancer or anything. All boost creep issues I had stopped when i ported the gate just a little bit.

OR what about moving the wastegate sol. forward a tad so it opens the gate a bit more, that's not illegal is it?

boost control is going to be unlimited for next year basically...but that still does not allow mods to the turbo its self...so, no. Plus, the WGA is already opened to the MAX and its still creeping.

I'm not going to do anything remotely questionable to the car...as it WILL be out at Nationals for 2006, and I am going to do everything possible to fight for that big trophy in FSP.

When is that Will? ATB to you in advance, from what I've read here and elsewhere you'll be tough to beat.

Sometime in Sept of 2006...within 2 weeks of Sept 15th + or -....

What have you read elsewhere? :confused: I'm not aware of anything published elsewhere other than what I have posted here and on NASIOC.

Its an IHI....so I imagine the pricing to be similar...but...Jerry and I have known each other for a while.... ;)

Thanks guys....I know I and the RX will be giving our 100+% out there and all year up to nats.

78~82 Sciroccos and Rabbits.....Geoff Zimmer runs locally with CCR and Atlanta, so I will have a good idea of how fast I need to be going. IIRC he was about 2 seconds off the lead FSP car, a 78 Scirocco...

those cars have FWD, small engines, ~120 to 130 HP to the wheels, and according to sources, the Suber Rabbit (Zimmer's car) weighs ~1500 lbs.

I can get the RX down to ~2300 legally at best. (seats, take the rest of the dnyomat out...empty all the reserviors, this and that here and there...run fuel at near starving level aloing with UD/BD the CARB'd gas tanks with the baffles that prevent fuel starving....)

I will have ~240hp/280 tq to the wheels, 3 diffs to keep the power to the ground, as much if not more mechnical grip, hopefully more tire grip....hopefully that will be able to make up for the 900lb difference with the car.

There *IS* a reason the Impreza 2.5 RS is in DSP...and I've been able to hang with DSP RSs...DSP and CSP were the only classes faster than FSP at Nationals.

I'll be on 2 year old Khumo Victoracer V700's in 225/50/15 for the VERY start of the season, basically jsut for testing purposes to make sure the fenders are cut/rolled/flared for no rub...and when those chord....some brand new V710's will be on the car. I should have that same set, most likely a new set, by the time Nationals come around.

I had the Ecsta 700's....they are good tires. V710's are faster....Victoracers last longer....but the Ecstas grip better than the Victoracers. Hooisers are a waste of time and money...they dont last nowhere near as long as any of those, and the grip levels of the V710's are higher.

The tires will be on the Superlite 15x8's comming from Australia.