Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone else in to building plastic car kits?

The other day I picked up a Tamiya kit for an Impreza WRX STi and have been working on it for the last couple of evenings. This got me wondering if anyone else in the group likes to build car kits also. So how about it, are there any more kit builders out there? I think my next Subaru kit will be a Fujimi Legacy wagon.

Ruppster

'98 Legacy Limited GT

• 2 weeks later...

I'm into it as well. Right now i'm building the tamiya Impreza 22B WRC 99. I also built a model of my full scale car, the Legacy turbo, since I by chance came across the Hasegawa Legacy Turbo kit in a hobby shop, this kits been discontinued since 94. I know fujimi used to make an XT turbo kit, I'd like to find that one. I'd love to find an RX coupe kit, but after searching I think no one produced a kit like that, and I also looked for an SVX kit but I don't think any one made that one either.

Mark,

• 4 weeks later...

the only model I've built was the 1/24 scale tamiya impreza wrc 98 safari. I painted it purple and only put on the yellow subaru stripes and logo decals. I left all the sponsors and number decals off. I'm quite happy with it and would like to do some other 1/24 scale wrc models and a 98 forester (if they made one). Otherwise I'm an avid 1/64 scale diecast collector. most of my time goes to collecting and modifying 1/64 scale vehicles. The only other subaru models i have are 1/64. I have several street tuned 02 wrx's by funline mucle machines, a legacy gt wagon and a sambar bakery truck both made by tomica

I've got a Tamiya model of the 98 WRC car, my former Pink Martini got for me for Christmas last year, still sitting in the box cuz I haven't gotten paint for it yet, and they are a lot easier to paint with the parts still on the little tree thinger. It's gonna be p1mp sh1znit when I get it built though :-)

• 2 years later...