Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member, first posting

Greetings,

We own a 1997 Legacy Outback. Up here in the snow belt of northern Michigan, our Sabaru has out-performed any four wheel vehicle I have ever owned.

The one question I do have is that the drivers front door seal has become unattached at the bottom and sags. Is there a simple way to repair or replace it?

I have been a member of other forums, (computer related) and I look forward to having the same informative experience here.

Thanks,

Emil

Greetings,

We own a 1997 Legacy Outback. Up here in the snow belt of northern Michigan, our Sabaru has out-performed any four wheel vehicle I have ever owned.

The one question I do have is that the drivers front door seal has become unattached at the bottom and sags. Is there a simple way to repair or replace it?

I have been a member of other forums, (computer related) and I look forward to having the same informative experience here.

Thanks,

Emil

Welcome!

I'm from Australia myself and we have 2 great forums here but not snow related as its too warm here (yes we do have short snow seasons)...

Anyway back to topic, I am wll aware about the seals, but in my experience get a new one (due reasons of wind noises etc)! I know its expensive but its better that way... if you don't want to, there are clips on the seals to hold the seal & plastic clips to the door. Take the clip off the door, put it back on the seal and use SuperGlue to re-attach. It'll do the trick.

Cheers

AP

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome!

I'm from Australia myself and we have 2 great forums here but not snow related as its too warm here (yes we do have short snow seasons)...

Anyway back to topic, I am wll aware about the seals, but in my experience get a new one (due reasons of wind noises etc)! I know its expensive but its better that way... if you don't want to, there are clips on the seals to hold the seal & plastic clips to the door. Take the clip off the door, put it back on the seal and use SuperGlue to re-attach. It'll do the trick.

Cheers

AP

Thanks for the advive. I have ordered a new seal . With installation ut will cost $110.00 US. Since this is my wifes car it is worth every penny.

Emil