Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can a legacy engine/tranny combo be pulled together

I'm trying to pull an engine and tranny from a couple 91 legacys. On the first legacy I pulled the tranny separate from below and it was really tight. I figured I'd pull the second set together from above and I can't see where it's hanging up and I'm afraid to use too much pressure. I've already removed all connections and the starter and radiator for extra room. It comes forward a couple inches and tilts up and is very close to fitting between the front crossmember and the firewall but I don't want to force it and maybe bust something. Has anyone done this before? Will it fit?

I'm trying to pull an engine and tranny from a couple 91 legacys. On the first legacy I pulled the tranny separate from below and it was really tight. I figured I'd pull the second set together from above and I can't see where it's hanging up and I'm afraid to use too much pressure. I've already removed all connections and the starter and radiator for extra room. It comes forward a couple inches and tilts up and is very close to fitting between the front crossmember and the firewall but I don't want to force it and maybe bust something. Has anyone done this before? Will it fit?

A manual tranny will fit. . .just. if the tranny is an Auto, take it out seperately.