Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, so I thought it was fixed......

See my update a few posts down....

Ok, so I put a new battery in the brat, and swapped the starter out, and she starts like a champ everytime, super fast!! And I found the intake manifold bolts were quite loose, so maybe when it heated up it would create an air leak.

Don't know if it stopped my surging or not, as I still have to test drive, but I think it will do ok.

Also, I had a TON of shifter play, and I couldn't really get into reverse, and I replaced the pin with a through bolt, and shimmed it with some brass tubing. I also got an extra shifter from LUVMYBRAT, and it was about 2" shorter than my brat shifter, I don't know what car it's out of though. I thought that was kinda odd, but it made it a shorter throw, and with it tightened up, it shifts awesome!

I also got a Sony deck installed in it (thanks Jeff), and got my CB in a while ago.

I'm decked once I get my lift an my pugs put on!

Rick

I will have to get you that part you need for your hitachi carb.I think you are still having issues with your gaskets sealing,but then again it stumps me because it does it after you restart it when its warm.The guy I told you about before that had the 1980 suby wagon had trouble with his choke sticking so he put a knife in the carb to let it stick open.Yes thats the same guy that used fishing line for the throttle cable when he broke it.We will get your car working good for ya.