Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I ran into a little problem when i was shoveling my driveway out this morning. It seems that the keys to mus suby fell out of my pocket and I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find a Subaru master key for a 98 2.5 GT with the black head on the key?? I know I can easily have one made but Id rather have the one that says Subaru on it. Any help would be appreciated!!

you can probably get a nice aftermarket key that should be pretty sweet... you might be able to find the factory key...

just do a search for subaru keys or something on ebay... i saw some nice ones on there...

good luck!

Or if you have the key code and get a new master key from Subaru then go to Locksmith and get a cut out with the key code, I did that with mine.

(I remember on that day, I didn't want to have a "normal key cut like everyone has" and I wanted a key with Subaru on it and came into big arguement with her because I made her come with me for whole morning getting a "key cut" as he took out the passenger's door lock so that he could work out the key code as I didn't have one nor Subaru wouldn't give me the information because my Subaru got "lost" in the system as they couldn't look it up but at the end of the day, I was happy to have master key with "Subaru" on it! its a must have for Subaru!

Cheers

AP

I remember on that day, I didn't want to have a "normal key cut like everyone has" and I wanted a key with Subaru on it and came into big arguement with her because I made her come with me for whole morning getting a "key cut" as he took out the passenger's door lock so that he could work out the key code as I didn't have one nor Subaru wouldn't give me the information because my Subaru got "lost" in the system as they couldn't look it up but at the end of the day, I was happy to have master key with "Subaru" on it! its a must have for Subaru!

.. I just gotta say, that was an awesome sentence.