Ultimate Subaru Message Board

transmition options

zed wolf

Just a quick question here..

For thoes people running a nissan transfer case (or other divorced transfer case) has anyone replaced the stock sub transmition with some other transmition?

how about a divorced transmition bolted to the transfer case?

in my 'Ultimate Offroader Project' I am considering running a second transmision out of a Ranger/BroncoII complete with transfercase this would give me a 2.74 tranfer ratio, 3.77 first gear ratio in the bronco trans with a final crawl ratio of 220 to do this I will need to convert the front of the Bronco trans from a splined clutch shaft to a yoke with a u-joint , if this is doable it should work awesome behind the Turbo EA82

220CR is ten times slower then stock 22CR

So, your plans are to put the bronco trans behind the sub trans?

That would give you .......( counting on my fingers here )....Alot of gears. :eek:

Adapting the bronco input should be fairly easy, find an old clutch hub that fits the bronco input shaft and weld it to a piece of tubing with a matching sub trans output yoke on the other end, and you have an instant coupler.

I might have to get together with you some time just for fun.

So, your plans are to put the bronco trans behind the sub trans? YES

That would give you .......( counting on my fingers here )....Alot of gears. :eek:

Adapting the bronco input should be fairly easy, find an old clutch hub that fits the bronco input shaft and weld it to a piece of tubing with a matching sub trans output yoke on the other end, and you have an instant coupler.

I might have to get together with you some time just for fun. come on up that would be great, will you be goin on the walker valley trip next mo probably the 21ST

I will try to be able to go on the walker trip, I am scheduled to work that weekend but I will see if I can get that saturday off.

It will also depend on wether I get a motor back in my jeep first, that shouldnt be a problem though.

And on an off topic note, do you have any front hubs for a 90-97 ford ranger?