Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ceramic Brake Pads... What a difference...

I just replaced my first set of NAPA Ceramix brake pads the other day. They had about 50k on them and still had about another 10k left in life. That's great compared to the OEM pads, they only got me 23k, and they were down to the rivets.

Needless to say, I replaced them with another set of Ceramic brake pads... This time needed a set of front rotors, they were kinda rusty and the braking surface was greatly reduced...

Hopefully in 50k (132k) I'll be able to report the same.

I just replaced my first set of NAPA Ceramix brake pads the other day. They had about 50k on them and still had about another 10k left in life. That's great compared to the OEM pads, they only got me 23k, and they were down to the rivets.

Needless to say, I replaced them with another set of Ceramic brake pads... This time needed a set of front rotors, they were kinda rusty and the braking surface was greatly reduced...

Hopefully in 50k (132k) I'll be able to report the same.

Mark, are the harder pads "harder" on the rotors?

i had a set of bendix ceramic pads on the 99 avenger i had two yrs back.they came with a lifetime garantee.if they ever wore down to a certain amount while i still owned the car they were on-free replacement.

only down fall with them is they were kinda hard on stock rotors-burnt mine up.

although they were nice an quiet,no squeel,hardly any brake-dust

i think they cost me around $40 bucks-not bad for life-time garanteed brake pads

(i'm pretty sure i spelled some words wrong,sorry)

^^^yeah^^^

Plus, how's the initial 'bite'? Are they OK for daily driving? And how much dust and what COLOR is the dust? (I have white wheels on my WRX)

tia

never had any dust on the wheels, never had to clean them, like I did with the "other" pads. In fact, I never had to pull apart the pads in the 50k that they were on the car.

Initial bite is nice, not anything that would throw you out the window though...

Mark, are the harder pads "harder" on the rotors?

Not that I noticed.

The rotors were stock ones... They were kinda rusty to begin with. Up here in NY they use a lot of salt on the roads... That may have caused their wear. The rotors were not warped at all.

I'll have to advise on the new rotors. They were Wagner "premium" rotors, time will tell.