Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i was just reading in motor trend magazine..

they did a comparison between the two in the dec 2005 issue.both were 2006 models

the specs an results were so close it's not funny.except for the fact that the sti had more hp and was like $2-3,000 less.

0-60 torque horsepower

sti= 4.5 sti=300 sti=300

lancer=4.5 lancer=289 lancer=286

wish i had a link

It seems to me that, (flame suit on) that the Evo MR and the STi are the exact same car, with a different badge. out of 100 articles, the Sti wins 50 times and the Evo wins 50. the vehicles are so similar that it boils down to what your preference is. a Quality Japanese product built in Gumma, or a shoddy Chrysler mut.

There's a reason i don't write for MT.

They are very close though not identical. They weigh the exact same amount(dry weight, wrx holds 1.9 gallons more),the lancer however is longer wider and taller, with a longer wheelbase of course. The lancer also has wider tires, and a completly different engine(2.0T vs. 2.5T).

My guess is the wider tires(225 vs. 235) would account for the better handling, possibly the longer wheel base too.

I don't know the center of gravity on em though.