Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just want to let All my fellow soobies know...

To my fellow soobies all over, anyone who is at this time driving around in their soob in the snow right now:-p .................................:-p

I'M JEALOUS..!!! :headbang:

I CAN'T STAND IT.....:banghead:

Well I can't say I hate you because I don't, but I miss the snow underneath my tires.

One more thing, if anyone reading this is living in Maine where I was stationed for five years, My first soob a 82 brat, I was hooked. I would love to see any pics of the area. Baysurfin@yahoo.com :burnout:

Merry Christmas to All !!!

:banana:

Merry Christmass to you too.

If you want some of that jealousy to subside, you might think that after having played in the snow with our Subbies, some on us have to find a parking place on the street. That often means driving around the block hoplessly and, if lucky, backing in piles of snow and ice and hoping the exhaust system wont fold like an accordeon.

Merry Christmass to you too.

If you want some of that jealousy to subside, you might think that after having played in the snow with our Subbies, some on us have to find a parking place on the street. That often means driving around the block hoplessly and, if lucky, backing in piles of snow and ice and hoping the exhaust system wont fold like an accordeon.

I haven't had that happen yet, but I did bust a section out of my black plastic under-shroud on a nice, fluffy "pile 'o snow" that was concealing a minor iceberg. Doh! :banghead:

I haven't had that happen yet, but I did bust a section out of my black plastic under-shroud on a nice, fluffy "pile 'o snow" that was concealing a minor iceberg. Doh! :banghead:

Exact same thing happened to me two days ago. It's the black mud gard (flap?) that caught on hard ice and bent forward and broke (i was backing in the snow pile) bringing with it part of the plastic under wheel well shroud (on the passenger side).

So the pleasures of driving in the snow are not without some limitations...;)

If I had the money and the garage, I would have my regular lLegacy and a lifted Ouback or Loyale for times like these. Maybe a project for when I'll retire.

I'M JEALOUS..!!! :headbang:

I CAN'T STAND IT.....

Don't feel too bad; I got the OB because of the snow, but here that leads to lots of salt, and the salt leads to lots of rust, and the rust leads to... :eek:

:) ...never mind.

Happy Holidays, anyway!:cool:

--OB99W

You mean oversteering around the small untraveled country roads like I was doing yesterday?

Yep, right here in Hamlet's backyard ;-)

And yes....what you where doing yesterday.....I pray for snow.....

LONG LIVE THE SNOW.......................:D

Have a Great Holiday.........:D

Don't feel too bad; I got the OB because of the snow, but here that leads to lots of salt, and the salt leads to lots of rust, and the rust leads to... :eek:

:) ...never mind.

Happy Holidays, anyway!:cool:

--OB99W

I agree, the salt here is crazy! Our 99 is starting to show a few bubbles. :dead:

I see there's a little frost on the ground. I guess you must be eagerly looking forward to have some snow on the ground to play with your subbie?

Correct, it was a little slippery - I only saw two cars with Quebec plates in the median strip on the way to work in NH.....:-p