Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Knock Sensor off; how in the ****

Well, I got the old Knock Sensor off the engine on '98 OBW. How the h*ll do you get the bolt lined up to get the new one on. I tried for about forty minutes yesterday to get the new one on until darkness came. How did you guys do it? The next chance I will get will be Saturday morning if its not raining. Working outside in the parking lot in front of my townhouse. I will eventually get it with perseverance, but any hints would be appreciated.

zzzasy

Did the threads get messed up or something? That could complicate things but what lining up? Just insert the bolt throught the sensor (like it's a thick washer), then thread the bolt back into the block.

Make sure it's clean and tight, because the ground connection is via the bolt.

Maybe I just can't see that well, but if I put the bolt in the sensor and try to find the hole, I can't. So, I tried to line the sensor up with hole and then put the bolt thru it, but my hand blocks my sight so I can't line it up that way either. People was saying that it was a 30 minute job; so I was just wonder what method they used. My 40 minutes of perservance yesterday got me nothing. But, the sensor is off and I know where it goes so evenually it will happen.