Ultimate Subaru Message Board

alright... its not that urgent... calm down...:-p

the blinkers on my dads 01 legacy are going... you push the arm down and you get one blink then nothing... right turn is the same thing if your not special with the fingers...

now i'd assuming this is the switcher thingmie... i want to know what years i could pull one out of and have it work...? anybody know the interchangablity of the blinkers?

anybody else had this stupid problem? (fyi warrenty is gone... suby won't do diddle... although i might try again...)

thanks!

Did you check the bulbs and fuse?

alright... its not that urgent... calm down...:-p

the blinkers on my dads 01 legacy are going... you push the arm down and you get one blink then nothing... right turn is the same thing if your not special with the fingers...

now i'd assuming this is the switcher thingmie... i want to know what years i could pull one out of and have it work...? anybody know the interchangablity of the blinkers?

anybody else had this stupid problem? (fyi warrenty is gone... suby won't do diddle... although i might try again...)

thanks!

the blinkers DO work... i can get them to work whenever i need to turn... i have to hold down the arm to the point just before it clicks into place and stays on...

the fuse i'd assume is fine since the blinkers turn on and what not... dash all lights up...

before they stopped working i'd push down the arm and then i'd get one blink then it would click about 5 times faster then it should... i'd get a click but no blink... inside or out... but when playing with the arm nicely the brinkers work...

oh hey... that might be it... the relay... hmmm... where would i find that? and is that the same part that makes it go click click? i think it is that... when my dad talked to the shop the guy said it'd take 2 hours to get to the problem... which indeed frightens me... thats a long time to be taking apart a dash... plus i'd be scared doing it myself... knowing me i'd probably find an airbag punching me in the face...

Have some one hold it down while you look at the front and back and see if all of the bulbs are flashing.

the blinkers DO work... i can get them to work whenever i need to turn... i have to hold down the arm to the point just before it clicks into place and stays on...

the fuse i'd assume is fine since the blinkers turn on and what not... dash all lights up...

before they stopped working i'd push down the arm and then i'd get one blink then it would click about 5 times faster then it should... i'd get a click but no blink... inside or out... but when playing with the arm nicely the brinkers work...

oh hey... that might be it... the relay... hmmm... where would i find that? and is that the same part that makes it go click click? i think it is that... when my dad talked to the shop the guy said it'd take 2 hours to get to the problem... which indeed frightens me... thats a long time to be taking apart a dash... plus i'd be scared doing it myself... knowing me i'd probably find an airbag punching me in the face...

tcspeer

Have some one hold it down while you look at the front and back and see if all of the bulbs are flashing.

lol thanks for the quick reponce!

i've checked this on the front and back... what happens on the dash is what happens outside... turning left is worse then right...

the left works fine if you hold the blinker down about half way... without it pushing past the little clunk where it stays down... works like normal then... but if you push it the whole way down it will blink once then nothing... and its not even a full blink... just a quick little flash...

You might want to try cleaning up the contacts in the rear light clusters.

Sounds like a classic grounding problem. Your blinker could be pulling ground through the red lamps at the rear.

Simple test: Disconnect the left rear cluster, try blinking left. If the blinker flashes (twice the normal rate) then it's the contacts in the cluster.