Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Slid my Impreza wagon into a curb tonight

Hey everybody. I've been on this great board for a while now and I haven't posted until now because I haven't needed to. This car has been incredibly reliable, even with 160k plus on the clock. I may need some help now. I'll post some pics tomorrow, but the general attitude of the right rear wheel is something like this /. I was taking a left and hit a patch of black ice. Luckily nobody got seriously injured, I just gained a project for the winter break. The front wheel has a nice wobble too. It's a '97.

Thanks for all of the informative reading up until now. I hope I'm not going to need too much help with this. Anybody know any good junkyards in the Lawrence or Kansas City area for Suby parts?

thanks again!

Chris

I get used parts from this place by U.P.S. Campbell/Nelson in Arlington, Wa. Toll free 1-888-337-7757 0r sales@findusedparts.com I have used them around six or seven times with no problem.

Hey everybody. I've been on this great board for a while now and I haven't posted until now because I haven't needed to. This car has been incredibly reliable, even with 160k plus on the clock. I may need some help now. I'll post some pics tomorrow, but the general attitude of the right rear wheel is something like this /. I was taking a left and hit a patch of black ice. Luckily nobody got seriously injured, I just gained a project for the winter break. The front wheel has a nice wobble too. It's a '97.

Thanks for all of the informative reading up until now. I hope I'm not going to need too much help with this. Anybody know any good junkyards in the Lawrence or Kansas City area for Suby parts?

thanks again!

Chris

thanks again!

Chris

wwwwwowwww did the same thing with my 97' like 3 weeks ago, cept my left rear was like \....mechanic said u need to replace the entire left rear suspension..was 200$ from jumkyard, but now the left rear makes a "worn boxspring matterrs" sound when i go over speed bumps..dealer wanted 1k for it soo start lookin for the parts asap

Thanks for the advice guys. Yesterday it was slow at the bike shop, so I took the day off to work on the car. The right rear strut was the only obviously bent part, so I replaced it with an O'reilly part. Those spring compressors are sketchy! Two of the wheels (16" Sport Edition Fox 5's) are FUBARed. I have had a loose outer right tie rod end for the last 6 months so I replaced that too. I found a guy close by in KC with a full set of '02 WRX 16" wheels for $200. So far it was looking to cost me around $400 with an alignment. Problem is, the Right rear is still /, only less so. I will probably pull the rest of the RR suspension and compare the parts to new ones and replace the ones that don't line up. Has anybody bent the subframe on their wagon in an accident like this? I've got some good photos. I'll post them later, I promise!

-Chris