Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to get a Forrester Repair Manual

Is that $20 for unlimited downloading and printing of those documents? Looks like there's about 8 separate manuals. Make your own loose leaf book?

Forgive my ignorance, I am used to hondas where all you have to do is buy a single $60 Helms manual.

my bad, I found the FAQ on the techinfo website.....

Information on this site is available on a subscription basis. You currently may select one of three subscription periods:

72 Hours (3 days) @ $34.95

30 Days @ $299.95

365 Days (1 year) @ $2499.95

Although all information on this site is available to you when you purchase a subscription, users are limited to access a maximum of 20 PDFs per hour. This will assist Subaru in keeping subscription rates from increasing, as well as allowing better service levels for all users. If a subscribed user attempts to access more than 20 PDFs in one hour, they will be taken to a warning page and will be prohibited from accessing any additional PDFs until the start of the current hour has expired. Browsing and searching on the site may be performed at any time.

This policy may change at any time, without warning or notification to current web site subscribers.

• 2 months later...
my bad, I found the FAQ on the techinfo website.....

Information on this site is available on a subscription basis. You currently may select one of three subscription periods:

72 Hours (3 days) @ $34.95

30 Days @ $299.95

365 Days (1 year) @ $2499.95

Although all information on this site is available to you when you purchase a subscription, users are limited to access a maximum of 20 PDFs per hour. This will assist Subaru in keeping subscription rates from increasing, as well as allowing better service levels for all users. If a subscribed user attempts to access more than 20 PDFs in one hour, they will be taken to a warning page and will be prohibited from accessing any additional PDFs until the start of the current hour has expired. Browsing and searching on the site may be performed at any time.

This policy may change at any time, without warning or notification to current web site subscribers.

Is it feasable that I could download the entire book in 3 days or do they have it broken up into so many pieces that you cant? All I want is a complete book but dont want to pay an arm and a leg....or do anything illegal like buy it on ebay for $3.

What is illegal if one buys a service manual on eBay?

-SQ93

Is it feasable that I could download the entire book in 3 days or do they have it broken up into so many pieces that you cant? All I want is a complete book but dont want to pay an arm and a leg....or do anything illegal like buy it on ebay for $3.

What is illegal if one buys a service manual on eBay?

-SQ93

I'm talking about the electronic versions people are selling on CD's, not paperback. They download the entire set and make as many copies as they want and sell them on ebay. Most of the people who do it are in canada, where they dont get hit by our copywright laws. Though if a US citizen buys it, that US citizen is commiting copywright infringement.

Would be nice if someone did sell it on ebay since I'm not particularly keen on spending the time downloading all those individual files but I suspect Subaru would shut down that operation pretty quick. Not sure how Ford handles that since it I've bought one of the widely available $5 CD's off ebay. Granted, it's not as detailed as the Subaru manual probably is and doesn't contain any TSB's but it's at least equivalent to a typical Haynes/Chilton. I suppose one advantage to downloading yourself is that you do know that you have the latest TSB's.

I'm talking about the electronic versions people are selling on CD's, not paperback. They download the entire set and make as many copies as they want and sell them on ebay. Most of the people who do it are in canada, where they dont get hit by our copywright laws. Though if a US citizen buys it, that US citizen is commiting copywright infringement.

Thanks! I like the paper book versions myself, no problems with copyright issues then. -SQ93