Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My filter is where ferret said but mine is a 97 model. If yours is not there start at the tank and follow the lines it may be mounted on the bottom of the car.

Nope. The fuel lines come out of the firewall directly behind the drivers side strut tower, but go directly to the drivers side fuel injector rail.

I think Auto Zone or O'Reilys have a parts locator on their web site, I dont know if it will show fuel filter but it might. Some one here will know but it seems like their is not as many people here on the weekends as during the week.

Yeah, tried that with no success so far. Never had this much trouble before, and feeling pretty stupid.

New to the group, and I hate to start with what may be a stupid question but...Where is the darn fuel filter on a 2004 OB Limited Wagon (2.5L)? Bought one to replace for the 30K service but I can't find it!

Thanks

Terry

Clermont, FL

Just found that:

"As of 05' Subaru (04 for the STi) for some strange reason, has decided to move the fuel filter from the nice easy to change location by the strut tower to inside the gas tank under the back seat just below the fuel pump. I show that in my post but just in case people with 05's go and look they won't find it where it was :( "

For you sake, I hope it's not true, but sadly it seems it is.

Your filter is built into the fuel pump. You will need to pull out the carpeting from the cargo area to expose the access panel, remove the access panel to expose the top of the gas tank, and your fuel lines and fuel pump, and gauge sensor assembly should be right there. The pump assembly is on the passenger side of the tank. Attached is the pdf file how to replace the filter. I haven't found the section to remove the pump assembly. Once I do, I will post the PDF.

MSA5T0400A85300.pdf