Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leone - Royale - GL - WTF mate?

Experts,

It seems I'm having trouble locating parts for my 1986 GL-10 Turbo Wagon because the parts warehouses (thepartsbin.com) list only the following types of vehicles:

Brat 1.8 Pickup

Hatchback OHV 2WD

Hatchback OHV 4WD

Leone/Loyale OHC 2WD

Leone/LoyaleTurbo2WD

Leone/Loyale OHC 4WD

Leone/LoyaleTurbo4WD

XT 1.8 2WD

XT 1.8 Turbo 2WD

XT 1.8 Turbo 4WD

1st question - Where does the GL fit in the list? Is the Leone/Loyale the same thing as the GL? Also on some parts websites I see the following information:

1.8L, 4 Cylinder GAS, FI, TURBO, VIN "4" GL-10

1.8L, 4 Cylinder GAS, FI, TURBO, VIN "5" -- GL-10

1.8L, 4 Cylinder GAS, FI, TURBO, VIN "7" GL-10

2nd question - What's the difference in engines here, and which one should I reference when looking for parts for my GL-10?

Confused. Please help.

Thanks.

./steve

Experts,

It seems I'm having trouble locating parts for my 1986 GL-10 Turbo Wagon because the parts warehouses (thepartsbin.com) list only the following types of vehicles:

Brat 1.8 Pickup

Hatchback OHV 2WD

Hatchback OHV 4WD

Leone/Loyale OHC 2WD

Leone/LoyaleTurbo2WD

Leone/Loyale OHC 4WD

Leone/LoyaleTurbo4WD

XT 1.8 2WD

XT 1.8 Turbo 2WD

XT 1.8 Turbo 4WD

1st question - Where does the GL fit in the list? Is the Leone/Loyale the same thing as the GL? Also on some parts websites I see the following information:

1.8L, 4 Cylinder GAS, FI, TURBO, VIN "4" GL-10

1.8L, 4 Cylinder GAS, FI, TURBO, VIN "5" -- GL-10

1.8L, 4 Cylinder GAS, FI, TURBO, VIN "7" GL-10

2nd question - What's the difference in engines here, and which one should I reference when looking for parts for my GL-10?

Confused. Please help.

Thanks.

./steve

The red one is the one you should be referenceing, as far as the 4,5,7 vin, don't know off the top of my head, but for most parts it shouldn't matter, It could be the difference between air ride and coil spring suspension, whihc leaves one other possibility i guess.

Unless your wagon is 2WD, then you'd want to use the Leone/Loyale Turbo 2WD.

I believe in 1987 they changed the MAF and a couple other things. But the engines are the same, EA82T's.

-Brian

I also see a listing for a chassis type of A11 and A10. Do you have an idea what chassis number applies to my 5-dr wagon?

Thanks again.

./steve

chassis type refers to one being a 3-door and one being the wagon/sedan IIRC... I dunno which one is which off the top of my head but that should be the difference. Just for the record, drivetrain wise, there is no difference between the 3-door and the wagon/sedan, just the body.