Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93/97 Subaru legecy parts

Good day all. I currently own 93 and 97 legecy L wagons. The 93 requires more $'s than she's worth so I want to scavange her for parts that will fit my 97. I have already switched the front and rear discs and I was wondering if someone has access to or can direct me to a parts list comparison of the two vehicals. The 93 ran fine but the body has rusted out, so any parts I can strip off and store, just in case they go on the 97 modle, would be a bonus. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. Don

Just to confirm my curiousity. Your 97 doesn't have ABS correct?

As for other parts, maybe a few suspension things, but I don't think I'd swap 93 stuff on your 97. Body parts are different, as well as interior...so I really don't know how much you're actually going to able to use.

Just to confirm my curiousity. Your 97 doesn't have ABS correct?

As for other parts, maybe a few suspension things, but I don't think I'd swap 93 stuff on your 97. Body parts are different, as well as interior...so I really don't know how much you're actually going to able to use.

My 97 does have ABS and 4WD. I gather you might be refering to the rotors? I was told through a parts dealer that they are the same, although the pads are different. I thought some ignition or electronic stuff might be similar. The rad, starter motor, wiper motor, power window motors, etc. Small things that usually stop working after 10-15 years?

Don

You're probably better off trying to just sell it as a whole. I'm sure someone out there might buy it for at least a grand, maybe $1500 if it runs well.

That being said, I might be interested in a few parts. Let me know what problems you're having and I'll see what I might be interested in. Also some general details about your 93 would be nice (e.g. kms, trim, etc).

My 97 does have ABS and 4WD. I gather you might be refering to the rotors? I was told through a parts dealer that they are the same, although the pads are different. I thought some ignition or electronic stuff might be similar. The rad, starter motor, wiper motor, power window motors, etc. Small things that usually stop working after 10-15 years?

Don

Don

Yeah I was going after the rotors. You were told incorrectly according to the info I have. The ABS cars have 10.91" rotors vs the non-ABS cars which have 10.24" rotors. That info is from the factory manual. It's possible that information is wrong....

When you switched the rotors, were they the same size? How were the pads different?

What model/trim is the 97?

Good day. Before I switched the rotors I put them back-to-back and there was no difference in diameter and they looked to be the same thickness. They seem to work fine in may brake tests! I hope the rear fits also. The engine has aprox. 285,000 km. It has worked flawlessly other than a plug wiggling loose and striping the threads (my fault?) and I had it put back in using a helicoil by a Subaru dealer. The engine has passed all our emissions tests by a large margin every time (I only use mobile 1). The trany works just fine. I have towed a 16ft. fiberglass boat with it, about six times, with no problems and the fluid is still nice and clean and pink. This was my work car so the interior is quite dirty but no rips or gouges out of it. The a/c is gone and I had replaced the alternator (used) about a year ago. She ran very well until I noticed a gas leak in the low-pressure side of the sending unit ($750.00 to replace), right at the bottom of the gas tank. I tried to fix it myself to no avail. (I’m pretty handy with cars.) The tires I want to keep for the 97 as they are getting worn. I had also recently put in two new axels/drive shafts about 6 months ago. The rear wiper is pooched. I will see if the trailer hitch will go on the 97 also. Air bag still good, I guess. Let me know about anything specific and I'll let you its condition.

Cheers, Don