Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just got done changing the battery in my 99 Impreza and when I got in to drive it I noticed that the trip meter was'nt on, instead it was showing the mileage. Thinking nothing of it I pressed the button and the trip meter did'nt come up. I decided to drive it to see if the Odometer was working and it was but when I press the button the trip meter wil not come up, nothing happens just the odo stays there. What could have possibly caused this? Do I need to disconnect the battery to 'reset' it? The was a little arcing when I connected the terminals to the battery but that couldnt have hurt anything right?

Thanks in advance, I need my trip due to inaccurate gas gauge. makes it easier just reset it when I fill up and when it approaches 300 or so I fill up.

Tim

I know it tis definetly strange, The owners manual states that any information in the trip meter will be lost when replacing the battery and thats it. I think im am going to try to disconnect the battery for a little bit and see what happens. Maybe something just needs reset, although I can't imagine why is was'nt reset WHEN I changed the battery.....who knows

Update, Problem fixed it seems that the button was stuck down or something, I was pressing it rather hard because of my increasing aggrivation and it popped back out and all is well now.

Another quick question, I have a bad wheel bearing in the back on this thing, 99 Impreza Auto, No ABS, and I'm not paying the dealer to press in a new bearing. I want to just get a junkyard hub assembly because theres tons of them around here cheap, but I remember reading somewhere that I can use a Legacy Hub and the bearing should be fine. Is this true, My other question is I have drum brakes on the back so Im assuming that I have to get a hub that had drum opposed to disc right?

Thanks

What year Legacy should I pull the hubs from to assure good bearing quailty? Did Legacys even come with rear drums? What all is involved in swapping over to rear discs?

Also by any chance does anyone have a installation/wiring diagram for the fog lights. I have a set of fogs to install they are the square/rectangle ones from 97-98 I think. I bought them from Subaru but cant find the instructions as I need them to wire the harness in. Since I am installing them on a 99 is there any chance that my car is prewired for them?

Thanks...

Tim