Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any experience with Assurance Triple Treads?

Does anyone have any experience with the new Goodyear Assurance Tripple Treads. The size i'm looking at is 205/55 16. My vehicle is a '00 Imprezza outback sport.

I see that these tiresgot great reviews on tire rack (except for excessive road noise) but the price is very high. I want to know if they are worth the $650 it would cost out the door.

P.S. Various sites reccomend optional sizes of 205/55 16 -Or- 215/50 16

I know the 205s are standard for subaru's in 16", but are the wider & shorter 215s safe to use?

I got them for my 02 OBW and they are great. I didn't notice any road noise and they are great in the rain . I'm also getting the same if not a little better mileage then the old tires.I would like to try them out in the snow but here in South jersey we have had none. I got mine at Sears .

I've got a 97 OBW and I've had the Goodyears for almost a year & a half. I haven't noticed any excessive road noise, even on a road trip to eastern Oklahoma last summer. They've worked well on dry, wet & snowy pavement. Much better than the OEM Michelins. I've had them on some pretty bad mud & snow covered trails and still had no problems. IMHO I think they will work anywhere that a car of this type is supposed to be run, and even in some places it isn't. I have the 215-70-15's on right now. They don't have a lot of clearance on the rear struts, but they're not rubbing so that's O.K. I'll be putting the 215-60-16's on in the spring once I get my new (used) rims painted. Hope this helps. Have fun.

thanks for the info. sounds like they are good tires. They better be for the price. :)

I am somewhat undecided between getting the goodyears or The Yokohama Avid. I found some info that Hancook (sp?) are pretty good and very affordable too. tires are a tough subject because opinions vary drastically. The goodyears were rated #1 in their class so thats why i was looking at them.

Your wagon runs on 16's, so I'm not suprised to hear they are a little more expensive. Looks like you will be about $130 or so online.

The Discount I went to honored the online price I found on Tire Rack. That was lucky. Just be prepared to meet half way. :)