Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Were should you put Seaform?

I bought some Seaform and added it to my gas tank. Now, I'm seeing a lot of threads where its being added to the PCV valve. Someone recommended that I buy the Seaform to clean my top end. Do clean the top end by going through the PCV or will putting it in the gas tank do the same thing?

zzzasy

'98 OBW

I bought some Seaform and added it to my gas tank. Now, I'm seeing a lot of threads where its being added to the PCV valve. Someone recommended that I buy the Seaform to clean my top end. Do clean the top end by going through the PCV or will putting it in the gas tank do the same thing?

zzzasy

'98 OBW

You can put it in the gas or put it in your oil. Maybe a little of each?

Get the engine up to operating temps, and shut the car off.

Disconnect a vacuume line that distributes to both sides of the intake manifold, somewhere near the throttle body, and stick the end into the can of seafoam

The engine may stall, but just restart and try to hold the revs where te engine keeps running, once you're out of foam, shut the car down and let it cool completely.

Start the car up, 2-3 hours later, and don't be alarmed if there is a lot of smoke, i mean lots, tons. it'll go away after around 10-15 minutes, and your car will thank you for it.

If you want to clean out the combustion chamber, suck it into the engine through a vacuum line. If you want to clean the fuel injectors, buy a cheaper fuel injector cleaner and put that in the tank. If you want to clean the oil gallery, put it in the oil, idle it for a while, then change your oil.

• 4 weeks later...

So on EJ cars, the vac. line under the air cleaner? the one that comes off all the time? AND... i know this seems like a dumb question, but you put the line back on when you're out of foam, right? then let it cool, and restart?

AND... what would be so bad about leaving it in the crankcase for a longer period of time, other than idling?