Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Little clearance?

ya, u can put in Honduh accord rear springs in, and rx front springs in. if i remember right, should be almost 2inches more in the rear, and a inch in the front. Good luck with finding the RX springs though, not to easy. Have u checked out the lift kits for subarus? check out... www.ozified.com

I was under the impression that it was FRONT springs from an 87 accord that you use in the REAR of your subaru??

i got some KYB struts, they work nicely. Dont think they actually gave me more clearance, but if ur's are saggy, it could raise u a little bit.

I am more looking for a little clearance up front. But I want to do it cheap b/c my sub is only a single range, I'm saving for a dual range.

Do you know if it's hard to fix a broken turbo? Or how much to get them fixed? Are they somewhat easy to find ?

Mine started like that, and now its teh better. don't let a single range discourage you, the GL D/R bolts right in.

The GL D/R bolts right IN!!!!!! What is D/R ? is that the transfer case that gives you hi and lo range? Thats awesome if that's the case!!! I would definately keep this car if I could do that!!

It's not a transfer case; it's part of the trans. The dual range trans has a selectable gear on the input that changes the ratios. It's a direct swap. You'll need the dual range trans with the shifter and the shifter surround from the donor car.

I bought a trans recently from Pick-n-pull and they wanted to charge me an extra $50 for the transfer case. I said to go ahead and take it off. Since they couldn't find one, I got out without paying the extra $50.