Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Mechanic in Indianapolis? Ticked off!!!!

:mad: :mad: :grin: Hello!

I've got a 2002 Legacy L wagon 2.5l with 64K miles and an external head gasket leak that started last week. Speedway VW/Subaru on 16th St in Indy has refused to fix it under warranty. They want $1980!! I called Subaru of America and complained like hell today...they said they would get back to me in 1 to 2 days. I can't believe this!! This is my 3rd Subaru and may be my last.....!!!! I built 2 engines, from scratch, when I was 15 years old and both lasted 150K+ miles with no leaks whatsoever. Unbelievable!!:confused:

Anyone know a good Subaru mechanic in the Indy area??

That "conditioner" is a scam to get people to use the dealer for maintenance service instead of doing their own or going somewhere less expensive. Then they'll justify fixing the HG based on creating a customer that will go to the dealer for everything else. If someone buys the car, and the fault is known, they shouldn't have to use the dealer for service to get the same fair treatment as those who don't.:mad:

Not trying to be hostile or anything, just that the actions of SOA ensure that I will not want to buy a new Subaru when I have the money.:eek: