Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STI seats in a hatch?

Jerry DeMoss

I imagine they swap over like legacy seats do. You gotta drill 4 holes in the bottom of the seat to mount the older style seat rails onto them. You will need 4 nuts and bolts to go with it.

I put a 96 legacy seat in my EA82 wagon. It took 5 minutes.

if you want to know if its just a drill and bolt deal go look at an sti and see how the seat rails mount ot the seat. on my imp seats the outside rail bolts on simualarly like the ea81 seats but the inside next to the trany tunnel bolts on from the side so you would have t o make an L shaped braket for the ea81 rails to bolt to and to move them over as the ea81 seats are much narrower......

I'm putting on into my XT-6 and I'll tell you... if I had know how much of a PITA it is.. I'd never have done it...

I did what was said first.. cut the mounts off the old rails bolted them to the new ones... and it worked... I woulda kept it that way if I had a sun roof, but the seat was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too high,... so now I'm about 50% done modding my frame rail where the seat sits... what a PITA....:mad: