Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Things You Should NOT Do in a Justy

Things you should not do in a Justy...

1. Attempt to have sex.

Notice that I say attempt. Unless you are a very small person or you and your partner are both double jointed gymnasts, I really do not see it happening.

2. Drive at high speeds during a thunderstorm.

A Justy is a very light car. Driving at speeds of 65mph or better during a thunderstorm with high wind gusts is just not advisable. At some point the wind will blow you off of the road and the excess water on the road will cause you to hydroplane - a lot.

3. Run over animals.

Hitting a racoon the size of a black lab is generally not a good idea in a Justy. It is especially hazardous during the aforementioned rainstorm with gusting winds. Hitting a critter that size will cause the Justy to bounce in a most unpleasant fashion, and by the time you stop bouncing all over the road the high winds and hydroplaning will have taken effect and you will most likely do a series of 180's and 360's before ending up in the nearest field.

Don't worry, the Justy is OK. However, I cannot say the same for the racoon...

the Justy's short wheelbase got the best of me once, I did a 180 in a corner and smacked into a concrete barrier. No excuses though, I was going way too fast and sliding through the wet corner in 4wd. The tires where crappy 12"ers with about 1 square inch of contact patch. When the back outside tire hit the painted line it was all over. Don't worry, the justy is fine!