Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Door locking problem

My car(Leone, Sedan, 1986, EA82) has self-locking system, driven by driver door(factory installed). My problem is that the rear door on driver side is not open/close with this system(is working if I lock/unlock with my hand). Now, anyone deal with this problem??..I hard to fix??...How is work this self-locking system, is electrical or mechanical.

Thanks.:)

Does the lock back there try to move at all? If not, it's probably a loose/bad/cut wire somewhere. I don't know how they are wired up, but you can check for continuity from one end of the wire to the other. Maybe get a test light and see if you have 12v at the motor somewhere...

If you listen to the door when you lock it and hear what sounds like a motor trying (or dying ;)) then it's just the motor that has failed, which can be replaced.

-Aaron

My car(Leone, Sedan, 1986, EA82) has self-locking system, driven by driver door(factory installed). My problem is that the rear door on driver side is not open/close with this system(is working if I lock/unlock with my hand). Now, anyone deal with this problem??..I hard to fix??...How is work this self-locking system, is electrical or mechanical.

Thanks.:)

The solenoid that runs the lock is probably worn out. The placement is a little odd though. two of my GL-10s (including my current one) have had a problem with the exact same lock.

The solenoid that runs the lock is probably worn out. The placement is a little odd though. two of my GL-10s (including my current one) have had a problem with the exact same lock.

10x...this week-en I'll ceck to see what is wrong..:)

there's also a connector in the door that could be pulled out or loose. more probably if that door has been in an accident or worked on before - window, speakers, etc.

Thank you...you too:).

Just a bad contact........lucky me.:banana::banana::banana: