Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I woke up this morning and started on my merry way to work. I noticed that the car was a tad squirly at times, but it was windy and the roads looked icy so I figured it was that.

I got to work and did my thing. I came out a few hours later and saw I had a flat. Took the tire to Sams Club and they said they couldnt find a leak or hazzard, but handed me a handful of rubber from inside the tire. They said it had been driven on too long.

I called Firestone and scheduled a tire replacement and called the dealer about a single tire replacement. Firestone registered only a 1/32 to 2/32 difference between all the tires and I belive this equates to 1/4" diameter (or less), which falls within what the dealer said I am allowed for variance.

Does anyone think there was any harm to the AWD/diffs on supposedly driving to work on a flat (about 10 miles)? Think my new single tire is ok? I only have 10,000 miles on the other 3.

you are fine. drain the fluids and replace, they could have run quite hot, but even that i would consider overkill, but never a bad idea. people get towed all the time, with two wheels down and two floaters with no problems. i don't recommend it, but it happens.