Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone used a Topline rebuild kit?

Hi,

I've been looking into parts options for an EJ22 engine rebuild and have come across the Topline rebuild kits, which appear to include a comprehensive list of parts. I know many people would respond with suspicion of the kit and recommend Subaru Genuine parts only for internal engine components, but I was wondering if there's anyone here who has actually used one of them, and what their results were.

Here's a link to a description of the kit...

http://www.rpmmachine.com/enginetopsubaru.html

i really dont think there is anything in the subaru engine besides the timing belt and water pump that i would say needs to be genuine subaru parts. You would be surprised at how many of those parts are Genuine Subaru parts without being subaru parts. Car Mfg dont always make their own bearings, cams, pistons etc. They are made by suppliers, and usually your buying parts from the same suppliers without the markup.

Ask them who they are gfetting thier parts from for the kit. Then we can tell you if the kit is good or not. Also it has a warrenty, so thats reasuring. Also check the local BBB.

nipper

i asked this same question within the past year and don't recall getting any feedback from anyone who's used Topline.

hmmm...yeah, i did a search for the subject and didn't find much of anything. i feel like the first penguin who's going to jump off the iceberg and maybe get eaten by a killer whale.