Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Legacy Saloon (89-99) 2.0 4 Cam Turbo 4d RS - Performance Stats

Does anyone know what the factory shipped stats were for this model? MPG, 0-62, and MPH is what I am interested in.

Ive found on parkers.co.uk this car and it says 197bhp, however Ive found an advert for one here which states 280!

I notice this one has a red RS badge on it but havent found any reference too it on google.

It might be a bargain, which I might consider, but I need some more information.

According to CAR Magazine March 1993:

197bhp, 6.7sec 0-60mph, 143mph, 28.8mpg

Somewhere in my vast collection of CAR, there's an article where Colin Goodwin gives it a very positive two page review. If you have the chance to buy one that has a sound chassis, do it! Of course, you must accept jealous comments from me if you do ;)

280bhp is most likey Jap spec, running 100 octane. Is the car a grey import?

280bhp is most likey Jap spec, running 100 octane. Is the car a grey import?
Its blue... and described as follows;
1995 SUBARU LEGACY 2.0 4 Cam Turbo 4dr Saloon,

83,000 miles, M REG 2.0 LITRE RS TWIN TURBO MANUAL SALOON . FULL SERVICE HISTORY . VERY RARE MODLE . DARK BLUE . 16" ALLOYS . SPORTS INTERIOR . 280 BHP . AIR CON . CLIMATE CONTROL . FULL ELECTRICS . CD AND CASSETTE PLAYER . BONNET SCOOP . REAR SPOILER . CLEAN CAR . PX TO CLEAR HENCE CHEAP PRICE . LOVELY DRIVE . OTHER SPORT CARS AVAILABLE . £1,995

Oh, and are chassis problems frequent?

the twin turbo is a 280hp motor, here in the US, people import the motors from Japan. Who is to know if they came un the UK too... but in either case, when he said Grey Import, it means, like, if we wanted to import a car that was from another country like Japan or Germany.

A skyline would be a grey market import car, for instance. they have never made them here in the US, so to bring one over would have to go through government and state regulations. It's rumored that even changing all the windows occurs....

As far as I know, chassis problems are not frequent. And by the way, the 1995-1996 body style is my favorite next to the 2005+ body style.