Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is there a convertible in Subaru's future?

Man I'd love a Subaru convertible. Perhaps based on the Impreza platform? Talk about the ultimate true year 'round fun car!

:banana:

Does anybody know if there's on in Subie's future? What ever happened to that hybrid convertible shown a couple of years ago? Is there a way to contact Subaru and let them know how good of an idea this is?!??

Anybody with me on this?

-Doug

Well, it looks like a chop'd custom is probably the only way I'm going to get one anytime soon! :(

I got this from Subaru:

Dear Mr. Cole:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru web site and for your message!

I am sorry, but we have no plans to market a convertible Subaru vehicle at this time. We appreciate your suggestion, however.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reply to this email!

Best wishes,

Samir Hasan

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Oh well, I can dream... :burnout:

once in a while you see one of the 80's converstions around for sale. But until things change i am using my convertible(non-sube) as my DD esp now that the weaher is in the 80's and 90's here.....come on sube, at least have one out by the time I'm looking for another drop top.....

yah, well that rag top is nice, but how about us more practical types...

I wish (that's all it will be) for a NEW PICKUP, not the so called thing that Subaru has out there now.

No, a pickup that is a 2 DOOR, with a bed that is usable. Maybe even a few options like..hit a switch and the car is higher off the ground, and I could go on.

How about a real new age Brat, that's what I am talkin about.....