Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power Steering Pulley

Hey all - lost the bolt on the Pump, stripped the shaft and the pully gears. I have managed to find a pump - good news. The dealer wants 70 for the pulley and I am really hoping that someone out there can get me one sooner and cheaper.

My car is out at a jobsite and I leave friday morning and need to get it back in town by then.

No such luck at the local JY's if you know of one what might have it I am willing to try to get there, but between work and life, time is limited.

Thanks - let me know if you have one on some wreck I can get too.

i have a pulley from an EA82T if that helps, maybe all the P/S pulleys are the same? only problem is that it is cracked in one small spot. you could bend it back, file if needed and be good to go. the grooves the belt rides in are fine, the crack is along the outer edge. it's free! it's a two belt pulley off a 1988 EA82T (either an XT Turbo or RX, i can't recall which one it came off of, but they are the same so that doesn't matter).

PM or email your address if you want it.

Thanks

Does anyone know if the turbo PS is the same as the carb? If it is, I'll be interested in that pully gary.

I think I have found a way to get it home by borrowing off another car, but the sooner I can get that part the better.

Someone who knows post please, I don't want to waste postage and stuff.

Thanks for the offers

Jordan

Gary - mine is the two single v belts - let me know what you've got

GD - I tried calling FAP and they told me that they didn't have any and only the Vancouver FAP (not a U-pull) had the Pump and it didn't have the pulley on it. Which FAP are you talking about? Is it the one up on the north end or is there a U pull somewhere else that I don't know of? I am afraid that I havn't been to a wrecker down here probably since I moved here - haven't needed wrecker parts till now.

Thanks guys