Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993????

i just found a free 1993 legacy 4wd turbo sedan for free!!!! i havent seen it yet. the girl rolled the car. but everything still works she says. i have a gl 10 turbo and im wondering what my options are for swapping. does the 93 have the 2.2?would it be a good engine swap or should i just swap the turbo onto mine. i doubt axles or anything will fit on mine...im just wondering what else i can do with this freebee. im very excited:) any input would be helpfull. thanks.:)

Nothing will really swap, unless you want to swap the whole engine. The 2.2 Turbo is a nice find. You'll either need the tranny from it, or an adaptor plate to put it in your car. You'll need to strip the engine wireing harness from the car and wire it in with it's computer to your GL - also the exhaust will need some modification. That engine can make a lot of power if done right - it's 165 HP stock tho.

GD

Nothing will really swap, unless you want to swap the whole engine. The 2.2 Turbo is a nice find. You'll either need the tranny from it, or an adaptor plate to put it in your car. You'll need to strip the engine wireing harness from the car and wire it in with it's computer to your GL - also the exhaust will need some modification. That engine can make a lot of power if done right - it's 165 HP stock tho.

GD

yeah...165 sounds like a nice number. ill probobly take the engine out and keep it and swap the turbo into my gl and see how long my ea82 lasts and when it doesnt ill put in the 2.2. so the 2.2 is the ej series right? which one?

the VF11 is a good turbo to use. From what i hear, its smaller than the TD04, but it bolts up the same. Which is good, its a near bolton for your EA82T. However...

The Bolt pattern for your up-pipe needs to be modified slightly. You will also need to run a WRX or the Legacy downpipe. You will also need to re-route your intake plumbing. The VF7 on your EA82T has its output pointing straight up, whereas the VF11 is at a slight angle. The stock EA82T intake plentum wont match.

-Brian

the VF11 is a good turbo to use. From what i hear, its smaller than the TD04, but it bolts up the same. Which is good, its a near bolton for your EA82T. However...

The Bolt pattern for your up-pipe needs to be modified slightly. You will also need to run a WRX or the Legacy downpipe. You will also need to re-route your intake plumbing. The VF7 on your EA82T has its output pointing straight up, whereas the VF11 is at a slight angle. The stock EA82T intake plentum wont match.

-Brian

ill have the legacy downpipe. and the intake shouldnt be too much of a problem. what would be better to use. the ea ypipe or the legacy ypipe?