Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi! I just got my first Subaru (Impreza 2.5RS 05 Sport Pkg) and so far nothing wrong to say about it! I live in Québec so winter was fun this year! :clap: Now I wanted to know if I there is something special that I need to know about all wheel drive? I don't go easy on her so things to check more often? Thanks! Js

The only real big issues that arn't immediately thought about are

1. Never tow with only 2 wheels spinning, or kiss your tranny goodbye.

2. always replace the tires in sets of 4's or kiss your tranny goodbye.

other than that, have fun, and rage it.

If you wanna go faster, get the handling up to par, get better sway bars and end links and go from there, the speed of these is made up in the turns and not the straight line.

Welcome to the board.

:headbang: Welcome to the board! I purchased my first Subaru about a month ago. 2006 Baja Turbo MT. Love it!

Watch that you don't drive around with a low tire too long as that can also mess things up. Your wheels all need to be the same size, so check your tire pressure now and then. A slow leak could wreak havoc on your AWD.

Have fun!:burnout:

Spacinjason

Good! Thanks guys! So the thing I heard about changing the timing belt sooner is not true? I will look for the sway bars! And the rotation of the tires, is it just front to back or front to back/left to right? Thanks again! Js

The only real big issues that arn't immediately thought about are

1. Never tow with only 2 wheels spinning, or kiss your tranny goodbye.

2. always replace the tires in sets of 4's or kiss your tranny goodbye.

other than that, have fun, and rage it.

If you wanna go faster, get the handling up to par, get better sway bars and end links and go from there, the speed of these is made up in the turns and not the straight line.

Welcome to the board.

"Get the handling up to par" ???? I speak french so I missed that one! What 's this mean?