Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey, I'm going to be repainting the zebra striped (black and chrome, you know what Im talking about fellow legacy owners) trim piece above the doors that runs the length of the wagon. I'm hoping you can tell my how to get that piece off without breaking it.

that metal trim piece is bolted from the inside of the car. You need to remove the trim around the headliner (and perhaps the headliner itself) to get access. They are 8mm nuts on the inside, with studs as part of the trim piece.

I was reading about it over at legacycentral. One of the members did a real good job of doing his sedan. Removed the trim pieces, sanded them down as best as possible. Laid on some primer, then light coats of black, then thick coats of black, and some clear coat. It looked good.

I was going to do mine yesterday, but after peeking behind the inside trim and seeing those posts, I definately didnt have the patience to take all the inside trim out. It'll get done soon, and Ill take pics.