Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 Legacy AWD Non-Turbo *almost* Overheating

Yeah, me too. I'm hoping this is the last of the BS I have to deal with on this car. These 93's are supposed to be pretty reliable, from what I've seen...but so far, in three weeks time, here's a list of what I've replaced:

Timing Belt.

All other serpentine belts.

Water Pump

Brakes

Thermostat (twice)

Battery

Alternator

I've got to believe that it's going to run well for a while now, right??? heh.

In all seriousness, I like this car alot...hopefully it treats me as well as I've treated it.

Actually that is nothing out of line for buying a used car. All those items are maint or wear tiems. Assuming you resealed the engine with the timing belts (you did do that i hope) you shouldnt have a problem till the next timing belt change.

nipper

I didn't replace the timing belt...that's a bit out of my league. The service center did that for me. Otherwise, you're right - but all those things at once do not make for a happy pocketbook.

:)

Actually that is nothing out of line for buying a used car. All those items are maint or wear tiems. Assuming you resealed the engine with the timing belts (you did do that i hope) you shouldnt have a problem till the next timing belt change.

nipper