Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Brat Owner

Hello all,

I bought my first brat about a month ago and have been quietly reading posts trying to avoid asking the same question you all have answered many times in the past.

Through this post I've found the problem with my high RPM hesitation (both fuel filters) as well as info on coils and disc brake conversions.

So here goes my first questions: sorry if the answers are out there, I couldn't find them.

I need a cat, I'm looking at the catco for about $150 with both pipes from the heads and one out the back of the cat. Is this the "hi-flo" I read about? Is it a two wall construction like the stock?

Once I pass smog I'll go for the SPFI, shold I be buing a cat system with ports for an O2 sensor?

I need CV axles. (I just don't want to rebuild ones that have had torn boots for who knows how long) Any recomendations of where to buy these? I see them for about $100 ea. yet I have no idea about the quality and would love some input as to which to stay away from.

Thanks for your time.

I'm Bryan, I live in Manteca Ca., I own a video production company (of course I'm hoping to eventually capture some of you guys and your antics on film), and I ride a CR250, XR650R (with a baja kit) and a CBR1100xx as well as mountain bike, snowboard, and bowhunt. I'll try to help out here if I can, otherwise I'll stay oout of the way and learn.

Cheers,

For SPFI, you will have to use an O2 sensor - I think the Loyale/GL/DL Y-pipe will work - dunno about the high-flow cat you're talking about - I am guessing Flowmaster?? - if so, you weld it in place further down the exaust system, and gut your old cat

CV's are a good question, I just use the junky ones from Napa/Autozone & all - they are junky - there is a place in florida that a lot of people seem to like - dunno the name tho - make SHURE you get 4WD axles - the 2WD ones are not nearly as strong, but will fit

good luck!!

http://www.discountconverter.com/converters/universals.cfm Scroll down to #8015. Hi-flow with O2 bung, dual 2" ins and outs.

They also have cats that look like the Subaru ones, have to have all the pipes bent though, as it's just the cat itself. I've seen them on the above linked sight before, but now I can't find a pic of one.