Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fxt struts?

seanski06

has anyone used the newer forester struts for a lift....did it work? should it work?

they're coming off an 04 fxt

what was the first year for the forester?...maybe im just making myself look like an idiot with these questions

ya well the worst you could say is "no reply" or "try a search"

thanks

-sean

I'm working on finding the answer to your question:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54492

If you have the '04 struts in hand, please measure them like I did in the post above, and then we can compare. I think '97 or '98 was the first Forester model year, and the struts first became different in MY03.

i actually dont have them yet...i was looking to buy tghem tho

however i do have a set of 03 wrx struts i was wondering if they would give me a lift at all...but when i measured them it seemed like they only gave me an extra inch in the front..i dont wanna go through all the trouble of installing then to realize that my cars rear is gonna sag

im kinda arguing with myself whether not to sell the wrx ones...b/c there agx's with eibach springs which i will def sell and all four dustsheilds and tophats....and i got them for only 400 dollars......but if they dont give me a lift then i'll have to sell them...im not into the whole street racing thing....i just like the adjustability...and it was a deal i couldnt turn down

the guy messaged me back about the struts....these are from 05 fxt....

his exact words:

"The top hats are identical to wrx, same part #'s The struts are .5'' longer then wrx struts from the bolt housing to the lower spring perch. Overall they're about 1'' taller.

When i get home i'll check the rest for you "