Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1995 Legacy 2.2L has a little over 60K miles on it now. I know its a non-interference motor, but i want to change the timing belt in the next 5-7000 miles. Is it a big job? Is it anymore difficult then any other car? If you guys can give me some advice it would be appreciated.

all the information you need to do this are on this board. awesome write-ups, links to subaru endwrench guides with more pictures and info and details. very informative, i found everything i needed here and didn't have any problems at all. very straight forward doing the timing belts, find the subaru "endwrench" articles and print them out. the cam seals and oil pump have some little tricks, if you're goign to do those, you'll see that pointed out in the many timing belt threads here.

when you're reading this....scroll to the bottom left of the page and look at the "related articles". it grabs your title and looks for related topics already posted.

you'll see exactly what you're looking for in one of the listed threads...the third one down:

"92 Legacy Timing Belt", click on that link.

links to FSM and other dead on material. there's a "search" button on the gray bar above that allows you to find these posts as well.

this site makes this job CAKE! did for me the first time anyway, it was a breeze. i've done dozens of older generation subaru's but it's still easy. no special tools required.