Ultimate Subaru Message Board

VortexValve

First I thought this post was about a valve out of a Vortex (Australian name for the XT) engine. Then I thought it was a set of replacement

valves for an engine... Then it just turned out to be one of those things you stick in your air intake.

Personally what I think, for the amount of money it ain't worth it for the extra HP. As for fuel, if you drive like me, you won't save fuel, you'll just get a bit more power.

They have been tested, and they are garrenteed to a degree. So, if you think you'll get a saving from there minimum garrenteed fuel saving, then it's worth a go.

I have only seen more power with these types of devices when tested. But I just don't think it would be worth it.

You might want to poke around on that "news" site before you cite this as a credible source.

I don't understand why I'm supposed to believe that something with no moving parts that "redirects" air is supposed to do anything but restrict air flow.

I especially like this claim:

"has the capability of transforming an essentially linear but somewhat chaotic airflow into an organized, powerful, vortex-like configuration that literally crams more air into the engine."

So my car would get better mileage if the air flow was less "chaotic"? I barely passed my high school physics class and I can tell this is BS.

First off let me say that I consider this product to be simply a way to separate the ignorant/unknowing from their money. That being said...

... I don't understand why I'm supposed to believe that something with no moving parts that "redirects" air is supposed to do anything but restrict air flow... So my car would get better mileage if the air flow was less "chaotic"? I barely passed my high school physics class and I can tell this is BS.

Aerodynamics is a complicated science. Do not discount the possibility that a stationary aerodynamic device can improve air flow; airplanes make use of all sorts of devices to do so. Their wings often have vortex inducers to produce turbulence that disrupts the boundary layer and allows the air to follow the wing/control surfaces at more extreme angles.

But a twisty-doodle in the intake stream well above all of the other turns and twists and opening and closing valves and combustion chamber swirling.

Can I sell you amyone some permanent magnets to "organize" your non-polar fuel molecules??? :brow: Only US$50 this week only!!!