-Boost Gauge

-WRX hood scoop:brow:

-Gtech Pro Competion

What I need:

-Megasquirt

-Injectors?

-intercooler/turbo piping

-oil cooler

fuel pump and an A/F gauge; some sort of bypass valve or a blow off valve would be good as well.

I just bought a blow off valve today. Even if I get a megasquirt system, Do you think I still need a fuel pump??

I also need to do something about oil. I know oil pumps are a common problem with these cars, and would definitely pose a threat to a turbocharged motor. As far as I know, mine is okay, but I'm thinking about replacing it anyway just to be safe.

I've seen that lifted justy. Looks like fun!

not mine, but super cool

I had mine turboed for over a year.

I used a IHI turbo from the 1.8L subarus, All the other stuff was custom made.

I ran about 8-10 psi, and if i had to guess. i was making 115 hp.

I absolutely could not keep a clutch in the car though. I went through 2 stock clutches, and then finally got a custom double sprung pressure plate, with Kevlar disc made.

The car never actually got tuned 100%, as i still had stock injectors in it, but i had a Greddy Emanage system installed in the car, which allowed me to tune both fuel and spark.

Even at a crappy state of tune (i would have to guess i left 15 hp on the table). i was able to outrun my buddies Legacy Turbo which ran a JDM ej20, and also USDM WRX's. The car was a rocket till about 100 KPH, which is where it completely ran outta effective gearing.

I took the car apart, to restore the rust, and continue modifying it, but i found a more practical car along the way (1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac)

Heres a pictures of my justy:

controller.jpg

That's what I wanna hear! Alright, I'll buy the megasquirt... I can't wait!

If I can get anywhere NEAR 115hp, I'd be stoked! Thanks for the post. If you have more pictures, post them here, or post a link or email them to me or something. Thanks again,

Dylan

I had mine turboed for over a year.

I used a IHI turbo from the 1.8L subarus, All the other stuff was custom made.

I ran about 8-10 psi, and if i had to guess. i was making 115 hp.

I absolutely could not keep a clutch in the car though. I went through 2 stock clutches, and then finally got a custom double sprung pressure plate, with Kevlar disc made.

The car never actually got tuned 100%, as i still had stock injectors in it, but i had a Greddy Emanage system installed in the car, which allowed me to tune both fuel and spark.

Even at a crappy state of tune (i would have to guess i left 15 hp on the table). i was able to outrun my buddies Legacy Turbo which ran a JDM ej20, and also USDM WRX's. The car was a rocket till about 100 KPH, which is where it completely ran outta effective gearing.

I took the car apart, to restore the rust, and continue modifying it, but i found a more practical car along the way (1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac)

Heres a pictures of my justy:

controller.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have one, but you might have better luck in the for sale section.

UPDATE on my turbo project:

-oredered megasquirt, should be here this week! I have almost everything else that I can think of, except the cone filter I bought was too small.

I need an ECU and a wiring harness for an 89 Justy 1.2 engine 3 cyl. Do you have one for sale? Richard in Georgia 706-745-3038

justy people, would there be room in the engine bay for an inline 4cyl rwd motor like a KA24? KA's can be had dirt cheap and the KA can take a good bit of boost in stock form, 300hp or so's worth.

with the driveshaft tunnel cut up to accomodate a transmission, and an r160 swap, that would be a ridiculously fast car. probably would be really hard to drive too with the short wheelbase.

basically a nicer, IRS toyota starlet.

I have an ECU for an 89 Justy FWD with a 5 Speed transaxle. The car had 128,000 miles when I parted it and still ran after it spit # 2 connecting rod out the side of the block. If you still need it PM me and I will call you. Sorry..I do not have the harness.

Jim.

I need an ECU and a wiring harness for an 89 Justy 1.2 engine 3 cyl. Do you have one for sale? Richard in Georgia 706-745-3038

That is strange,

my car had the connecting rod throught the block issue as well, and I have heard of several other similair cases. Is this due to their faulty oil pumps?

Hey! Megasquirt arrived in the mail today. I'll start assembling it as soon as I can

I have an ECU for an 89 Justy FWD with a 5 Speed transaxle. The car had 128,000 miles when I parted it and still ran after it spit # 2 connecting rod out the side of the block. If you still need it PM me and I will call you. Sorry..I do not have the harness.

Jim.

I am back on line with leroy the junkyard justy. I found a super clean 93 in thr local pick and pull, total in tact, with an engine showing some of it's insides on the outside. I picked up the whole car for 300 bucks, and sold the drive train (comlete) to a fellow for 150 bucks.

I decided to toss the tube frame I was constructing in the scrap heap. It was the original rollcage modifed to a complete tube frame chasis.

I hated the idea that it was never going to be a justy, so I shi* canned it and found a real justy to start over with.

I have been a busy bee and have started the project in earnest. I decided to keep the twin 1.5 inch .120 wall square tube twin frame rail concept I had from the complete tube frame car. The whole drive train (front to rear) will be mounted on the twin tubes, and that has been tied to the car chasis. It will provide a lovely way to attach a skid plate.

I have been documenting every step of the construction with lovely digital photos. Way more than I will ever post, but enough to give a decent picture of how I have proceded, should anyone evr really want to se them. I have taken the engine tranny in and out of the car at least twice a day (on weekends) since I started 3 weeks ago. I purchased a shop crane, and that has been a real life saver for this project.

I am using a 1.8l EJ18 from my original '93 impreza. I have the aluminum adapter plate I made a couple of years ago tying the RX dual range tranny to the impreza engine.

I have decided to hold off on turbo charging the engine, as the car will have about the same amount of horse power as the original turbo charged 3 cylinder, but more torque, and will be much more reliable. I still plan on mounting the radiator in the back like when I turbo charged the 3 cylinder, but I have a better plan to isolate the heat and noise. The battery will be in the back as well.

Today I estabished the geometry for the lower control arms and upper swing arms, but will need to redesign the coil over shocks to match the shorter travel in this car compared to the tube frame car.

I have built much nicer parts from aluminum for the coil-overs, and the adapters to make the hubs work in a control arm style suspension. I made the originals from steel, and they sucked. Strong but heavy and ugly.

I have been working on this pile since 2002. maybe this time I have a chance a finishing it.

Funny thing is I don't care. I am having a blast! Still, the next big thrill WILL be driving it!

I have to put the pics I have on the blog I created for this project. I have been chomping at the bit to post what I have been doing, bit I wanted to get a bit of work under my belt first.

Troy