Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We're looking at maybe trading the Jeep on one.

Any opinions or suggestions?

I guess this is a phase II, right? Any caveats there?

What should I check for?

It's in really nice shape, Silver, 5spd, A/C, heated cloth seats, roof bars, cargo cover and liner, sunroof. And it's at the Jeep dealer which means: a) some poor fool probably traded it in on a Jeep, and; B) We will probably get more for the Jeep

No real caveats, MY03 is after (according to SOA) the external HG leak since they don't treat that year with the "conditioner' additive in the coolant.

I'm considering picking up one like that and replace our MY05 Legacy.

Check out the AWD and make sure it's functioning properly and see if you can get a warranty thrown in from the dealship.

I have a 2002 Forester-S 5MT.

I didn't get a recall notice for the HeadGasket goop. I don't know if this is because I live in Canada, or whether my vehicle doesn't need it.

Anyway, I would say go for it. I have been happy with mine.

I've made 2 electrical mods to the car:

1. Rewired the power windows, so that they work on the ACC switch position, as well as the IGN switch position (as supplied).

2. Added a relay and PB to the seat-heater circuit, so that the seat-heaters cancel themselves when the ignition is switched to OFF. As supplied, the heaters re-energized themselves each time the car was started, if one forgot to turn the toggle-switch off (you'll know what I mean, the first time that you use the seat-heaters).

On more minor problem with the car: It suffers from hesitation/lurching, particularly at slow speeds. This is particularly evident if I start the car and drive off immediately. However, if I start the car, wait about 5 seconds, and then drive off, then there is no engine hesitation.

On more minor problem with the car: It suffers from hesitation/lurching, particularly at slow speeds. This is particularly evident if I start the car and drive off immediately. However, if I start the car, wait about 5 seconds, and then drive off, then there is no engine hesitation.

I'm sure it can't be near as bad as the Liberty's driveline slop/cold lurching.

Sounds good on the rest, dunno if I'd bother with the rewiring, though.

Thanks all! Looked it over, drove it, looked it over, talked it over, traded it over!

I'll have to post a pic in the Wagons Only thread. 1 Silver Forester Sport, 1 Lifted Silver '93 Loyale (on stock tires 'til I put it on the road) and a really cool non-Soob: my Silver '92 Passat Syncro.

See a theme?