Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Outback automatic with standard 4 cylinder. I'm doing this for a family member so don't have the VIN offhand. I should ask the Subaru folks but I'm a little perturbed with this 20 PDF's an hour crap. I guess you get what you pay for. The U5 designation appears to be more then just the engine... differences are just in engine and emissions sections I believe, otherwise manual appears to be the same.

What year and model are you d/l for?

From what I have seen in some models....the main difference is how the wiring is laid out.

No answer from the Legacy folks although plenty of vacation pix over there :). I think "U5" is California spec vehicle... more stringent emissions.

Anyway, got my manual. Wish I would have had the time to get the "Mechanism and Function" sections but I only got to the engine specific sections of those before time ran out. If anyone has these, I would be interested.

Hmm....not sure about the US designation.

Yeah the 20 pdf an hour thing sucks.

You may want to ask the guys on www.legacygt.com/forums as they may be more familar with the manuals.