Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for a new wagon or crossover that is completely bad rump roast.. I looked at the outback xt the other day in black on black 5spd. if you had the money to modify this puppy what would you do. I need some ideas. aw a baja style front bumper that looked good but am having trouble finding aftermartket items

Looking for a new wagon or crossover that is completely bad rump roast.. I looked at the outback xt the other day in black on black 5spd. if you had the money to modify this puppy what would you do. I need some ideas. aw a baja style front bumper that looked good but am having trouble finding aftermartket items

i would put on a lift kit, a light bar and mount the spare on the roof :). i would also look at a supercharger (if money was no object)

hrmmmm

maybe i should go shopping now

nipper

that looks like scoobyclimb's outacy. oh, wait, it is...right...

i'd go lift kit, roof basket (although it is a bug catcher, so don't open the sunroof [ask 99miles]), lights on basket, 29" tires, and go in the woods:headbang:

nipper, would you really twin charge that? that would be awesome, and harken back to a certain lancia group b rally car (one that that was so cool, it was deadly and was banned from wrc....:eek: )

that looks like scoobyclimb's outacy. oh, wait, it is...right...

i'd go lift kit, roof basket (although it is a bug catcher, so don't open the sunroof [ask 99miles]), lights on basket, 29" tires, and go in the woods:headbang:

nipper, would you really twin charge that? that would be awesome, and harken back to a certain lancia group b rally car (one that that was so cool, it was deadly and was banned from wrc....:eek: )

i have a deep dark sinsiter side. i switched from big blocks to soobies to save my drivers license, but i am feeling the dark side emerge the more i search the net and see what others have done..

MUHAHAHAHAH

nipper

that's like reading my mind.. I'm selling my 95 m3 that's supercharged so I can get this wagon..

one more point and i loose my lic.

i'm addicted to speed. i just keep it in check. there was a reason i would ride my ninja out to wyoming and montana every summer

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

nipper

Come on guys, Money really isnt an object?

You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!

'06 H6

Selectable front and rear diffs, automatic tranny, LSD when not in use. Real AWD with selectable 4WD, throw in a Samurai 6:1 low range without hanging down from the body, adjustable air ride for highway/town/off road use, 33's, 35's interco trxus, clearence for them, street tires to go along with them so I dont always drive like I shouldnt be and sound like a B 52. Onboard air, welder, hi lift, air jacks, impact gun, automatic swaybars, cooled and heated front and rear seats, enough sound deadener to put the wife to sleep, the entire rear covered in rhino liner, including possibly the insides of the rear door and the back of the back seats, so I could fold the seats down and toss larger, muddy stuff in the back and not worry about the carpet. Custom bumpers front and rear, skid plates all around, stereing boxes cv joints everything, rocker protection (Needed on a unibdy even?) and bobbed whatever necessary for 60/45/60 approach, breakover, and departure angles. Still room for me to sleep in the back. Magical fully adjustable gear ratios for whatever I feel like doing that day. Framed doors for the windows. Actually, throw in a supercharger and run about 12 psi on that H6.

Of course, it still would have to get near 30 mpg (lowering ratios with that much torque?) and everything would have to be air craft grade bomb proofness.

Yeah, its fun dreaming aint it? I had fun dreaming that up. And no, there is very little aftermarket parts available as far as offroading goes, but there are plenty for the speed part of the Outback XT since its the sister of the Legacy GT.

Come on guys, Money really isnt an object?

You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!

'06 H6

Selectable front and rear diffs, automatic tranny, LSD when not in use. Real AWD with selectable 4WD, throw in a Samurai 6:1 low range without hanging down from the body, adjustable air ride for highway/town/off road use, 33's, 35's interco trxus, clearence for them, street tires to go along with them so I dont always drive like I shouldnt be and sound like a B 52. Onboard air, welder, hi lift, air jacks, impact gun, automatic swaybars, cooled and heated front and rear seats, enough sound deadener to put the wife to sleep, the entire rear covered in rhino liner, including possibly the insides of the rear door and the back of the back seats, so I could fold the seats down and toss larger, muddy stuff in the back and not worry about the carpet. Custom bumpers front and rear, skid plates all around, stereing boxes cv joints everything, rocker protection (Needed on a unibdy even?) and bobbed whatever necessary for 60/45/60 approach, breakover, and departure angles. Still room for me to sleep in the back. Magical fully adjustable gear ratios for whatever I feel like doing that day. Framed doors for the windows. Actually, throw in a supercharger and run about 12 psi on that H6.

Of course, it still would have to get near 30 mpg (lowering ratios with that much torque?) and everything would have to be air craft grade bomb proofness.

Yeah, its fun dreaming aint it? I had fun dreaming that up. And no, there is very little aftermarket parts available as far as offroading goes, but there are plenty for the speed part of the Outback XT since its the sister of the Legacy GT.

HEY YOU! Get out of my drugs:lol:

nipper

yeah, the possibilites are endless as long as your wallet is too! :grin:

You know what else would be cool?

A roof box, like a thule cargo carrier, to carry the spare tire and all kinds of equipment/food/oils in also, and then some spot / flood lights on the front of it that turn up when you need them, and bend back down for aerodynamics/sleeper look.

Hahaha, that'd be so gimmicky I'd love it.

i still like the turbo. cheaper than h6 and manual tranny. plenty of speed trills to have, and my left hoof gets a workout. and with that twin-charged motor - zero lag.

i'd get an '06 if i was gonna do any suspension work, or wait until 07 for the si-drive if it were to remain stock. dunno what that will do, and i wouldn't want to mess with it