Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stupid window won't roll-up all the way.

I rippped thedoor panel off my driver side 95 impreza L door because the front part of the window (the part closest to the hood-I have a manual window) in down about ~5mm and it gives me a pain in the rump roast sound when I drive.

I took a picture of it below,sorry for the quality, what should I do? It looks like I might be able to take off the metal keeping me from it but I'm not sure, there seems to be a lot attached to it.

Thanks a lot + I have to wait to talk to my girlfriend till I can get to my other post! Jutboy

door10ku.th.jpgdoor22gf.th.jpgdoor35kf.th.jpg

Take the car as it is to a good body shop. With the door panel off, they'll be able to tell you what your problem is in less than five minutes. Then you'll know whether you need just a readjustment of the front glass track, or the crank assembly, or possibly that the track attached to the bottom of the window, has come loose from the scissor assembly of the crank mechanism. From what you describe, its got to be one of the three. Unless something is broken, you won't need any parts, and if you do, your cheapest route will be to get used parts from a wrecker. Good Luck!