Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ECU codes... How do I find them? 1990 Liberty

I just need a little help. How do I check the ECU codes on a 1990 Liberty/Legacy? The "Engine Check" light is on, how do I turn it off? Will the ECU give me a code telling me it's on and why?

I've been a Carb'ed guy for ages now and have never bothered to learn about the EJ's...

It's running rough, but I am sure that's because most of the exhaust exits under the hood... But I would like to know if there was anything wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Yet another link, from a FAQ "sticky" in this forum:

http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/engine.html

OMG. How could I be so blind and not see the sticky's! Thanks, I'll give that all ago. But don't worry, I'll be back with eve more questions in a while! EFI is just so... complex? Well, I think it's a mix between efi and emission control. I love my EA81!

I found it recently while looking for just the same info... did a Search rather than look for a sticky... oh, well, found it anyway. :grin:
I'm still trying to get my head around this search... lol. I'll get there one day.

I do have to admit I don't like spending extencive time searching the internet for answers. It's good to be able to get people to post links to them, maybe it will make it easier for future searches... Cheers.