Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My interior power outlet for the lighter went out last weekend. I was wondering if it could just be a fuse?

It was running a radar detector and a cell phone charger. The splitter came apart in the receptacle and I think it may have shorted it out and blew the fuse, if there is infact a fuse for it. Every other electrical component seems to be functioning inside the vehicle.

My car is an '04 TS wagon.

Thanks

-Chris

I think the dash outlet is fused but the rear power outlet is a fusable link built into the socket unless they have changed the design since 96 do not twist push in pull out the twist is what always blows my honda fuse, also I do not think they show the rear power outlet in the wiring diagrams factory denial LOL

Like Cookie said, there is a bridgewire on the back of the front socket to prevent a possible fire in the front dash -- it's "L" shaped. You can replace with 60/40 solder or regular copper wire if you don't use it for a cigarette lighter.