Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hucks XT6 with SVX engine - FrankenWedge

Myxalplyx

Paul, It wouldn't quailfy for the GRM, as I've had the car for a few years, and had more in it before the swap that the allotted amount...but if I had started with a cheap XT6, I'd have been in the budget.

Keep your eyes out for a cheap XT-6. I'm still interested, and I've got the motor. Sounds like a fun project for 2007. Besides, my stable of weird Subarus just wouldn't be complete without it! ;) (5spd SVX, SVX nitroused racer, H-6 powered Justy, 2.0T WRX powered Coupe, 360 waiting for a WRX motor).:grin: :grin:

Keep your eyes out for a cheap XT-6. I'm still interested, and I've got the motor. Sounds like a fun project for 2007. Besides, my stable of weird Subarus just wouldn't be complete without it! ;) (5spd SVX, SVX nitroused racer, H-6 powered Justy, 2.0T WRX powered Coupe, 360 waiting for a WRX motor).:grin: :grin:

Will do Paul,

There is a FWD Auto here local, no title, but could probably get for a couple hundred...but best to start out with a AWD manual

• 2 months later...
Hi Huck!

Anything new???:banana:

Hey Paul,

I got the oil pressure gauge working, and the water temp gauge working (a little off, but working).

Been riding my motorcycle most of the time while it nice out, so FrankenWedge, nor my SVX have seen many miles this summer, but it still starts and runs.....I drove it to church this past Sunday....still a blast to drive!, but I could use some new tires for it...

damn that project makes me thing EZ30 in my lifted wagon. I found one at a JY wtih shattered drivers side timing chain covers... simple fix as long as it didnt bent valves....

Car looks wicked, I wanna drive it

It's definely a whole different animal than it was with the ER27 in it....:burnout: :burnout:

I actually wanted to use a EZ30, but I couldn't find one cheap enough for me.... (REALLY cheap is my price range :) )